About the Role
A Legal Assistant is sought for the office of the Deputy General Counsel – Litigation & Employment. Ideal candidate will be a proactive, meticulously organized, very detail-oriented assistant who manages the overall office for a highly busy legal executive, who is comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside the agency, and who can handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Law school grads with interest in litigation, employment or immigration law, or candidates with a paralegal certificate or paralegal background looking for exposure to litigation, employment or immigration law, are encouraged to apply.
· Be responsible for handling executive’s calendar, appointment scheduling and calls.
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, MS Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as Acrobat Adobe Professional
· Prepare daily To Do Lists, manage follow ups and determine which items can be handled directly by the assistant
· Draft, format, redline and edit highly confidential agreements and correspondence
· Maintain spreadsheets, charts and summaries
· Understand the workflow relationships both within the Office of the Chief Legal Officer and the agency at large.
· Be familiar with, or interested in learning basic legal concepts, like state and Federal legislation, contract law, administrative agencies, and arbitration
· Be able to use Westlaw, NetDocuments, and database searches using various search techniques
· Liaise with multiple external legal counsel on active litigation cases (e.g., scheduling witness depositions, track document production), subpoenas (e.g., e-discovery and document review) and contracts
· Utilize electronic signature and calendaring applications to ensure documents are executed, distributed and renewed
· Organize and update hard copy and electronic files, ensuring all relevant documents are quickly accessible
· Coordinate travel itineraries and prepare monthly expense reports
· Occasionally assist with minimal personal tasks such as making reservations, ordering event tickets through CAA, and updating personal calendar
About the Company
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.