About the Role
The Associate Counsel supports the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Vice President, Deputy General Counsel in legal matters, including preparing, reviewing and organizing key business arrangements and transactions, managing litigations and the development and execution of legal and regulatory strategies. This position is on-site in Philadelphia.
This position reports to the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel.
· Assist the legal department in support of legal and compliance matters.
· Draft, review and assist with structuring various contracts including but not limited to: sponsorship agreements, trade agreements, suite agreements, club seat license agreements, employment agreements, consulting agreements, stadium license agreements, special event agreements, nondisclosure agreements, broadcasting agreements, talent agreements, and various other marketing, vendor and services agreements.
· Draft and review sweepstakes, contests and promotion rules.
· Draft waivers and releases for various events, activations and promotions.
· Review advertising and promotional material to ensure compliance with NFL rules and team brand guidelines.
· Track status of various contracts and documents and prompt internal departments regarding status.
· Implement an effective document management system and serve as custodian of all executed contracts, policies and other legal documents.
· Manage the administration of liability claims and other litigation through the investigation, documentation, analysis, monitoring and consultation with outside counsel.
· Act as liaison with insurance carriers and brokers with respect to claims, coverage, reporting, renewals and COI processing.
· Serve as Privacy Officer regarding HIPAA/EMR.
· Work closely with individual departments to anticipate, identify and manage liability areas and legal exposure to manage risk.
· Conduct and coordinate research into a variety of legal issues (including applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, judicial decisions and legal articles) and provide clear recommendations.
· Work effectively as a liaison between the legal department and internal clients and external partners and vendors.
· Participate in training and development initiatives.
· Perform other general legal responsibilities as requested.
About the Company
The Philadelphia Eagles is known as one of the more progressive organizations in professional sports and is considered one of the most storied sports franchises in history. As an organization, the Philadelphia Eagles is both an exciting and demanding place to work fueled by passion, dedication, and a commitment on and off the field. We take our responsibility to the community seriously; the Eagles aim to make an impact in the Greater Philadelphia area and beyond. The Eagles has developed programs that provide support to the community including Eagles Autism Foundation and Eagles Cares. In addition, we are an environmental leader with our Go Green Program.
The executive office is located at the NovaCare Complex. This spectacular 108,000 square foot facility offers the very best in terms of space, amenities and care for the players, coaches, and staff.
Lincoln Financial Field is one of the premier sports and entertainment facilities in the United States. In addition to being the home of the Philadelphia Eagles, the stadium hosts numerous other events, providing an unmatched spectator experience for over 69,000 fans. Lincoln Financial Field is maintained and managed by professionals working together to provide the highest quality sports and entertainment experience in a safe, clean, and friendly environment.