About the Role
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Business Affairs Specialist within the Business Affairs team, you will support our business partners from Brand Marketing in the creation and delivery of marketing content and campaigns. You will apply industry-based knowledge and expertise to assist with content clearance, licensing, and risk-based guidance related to third party rights issues and other business and legal advertising concerns. This is an entry level position with career growth potential to an elevated Business Affairs Manager role. The role will frequently partner with a Business Affairs Manager on projects to help build experience and knowledge base. You will work with the Brand Marketing teams in a fast-paced environment to help them achieve their desired outcomes. You will regularly engage with your business partners to ensure they are advised of risks, trainings, and process excellence to engage with the Business Affairs team. You will also contribute toward improving “standard processes” as well as creative problem solving and troubleshooting on day-to-day business affairs matters.
WHAT WILL YOU BE WORKING ON
- Handle daily projects and assigned responsibilities to your role.
- Manage production tracking sheets, 3rd party requests, and music intake sheets.
- Secure usage permissions and approvals from brands, leagues, organizations, and artists in a manner that protects Nike’s interests.
- Work with third party entities to secure consents and clear rights when referencing their assets (names, images, props, contents, etc.) based on contractual agreements.
- Draft and negotiate contracts, including license agreements.
- Facilitate and manage internal communication between the teams (Business Affairs, Talent Payment Managers, Producers, Account Teams, etc.).
- Proficient with script review to identify potential red flags or licensing issues and coordinate risk assessments through business partners and agencies.
- Liaise with agencies and vendors and build strong working relationships with the agency Business Affairs contacts and vendor representatives.
- Properly connect with people across the Nike matrix to ensure all vital business partners are involved and aware of guidelines and playbooks, and able to provide necessary comments.
- Learn and stay current on legal issues associated with advertising (trademark, copyright, rights of privacy/publicity, licensing language, production, unions and product claims).
- Handle other legal work and/or special projects as assigned to you.
About the Company
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.