About the Role
The Counsel, Litigation is responsible for handling employment and general liability litigation and related claims, overseeing outside counsel, and management of other legal / risk management issues affecting Penn National Gaming. This position will work closely with the Company’s business units in a cross-functional capacity to minimize risk, ensure best practices and to support growth. This position will also provide support for compliance related functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage general liability and employment claims and litigation
- Manage outside counsel on general liability and employment disputes
- Support Chief Litigation Officer in employment and labor related matters as well as class action matters
- Assist on Risk Management functions throughout the Company, including regulatory compliance and health and safety initiatives across the Company’s portfolio of properties.
- Advise, counsel and influence the business units and internal departments to foster compliance, minimize risk and facilitate growth
- Coordinate and manage employment and risk-related projects, including internal policy and process review and roll-out and implementation, and provide training and guidance on legal issues and developments in the law
About the Company
With the nation's largest and most diversified regional gaming footprint, including 41 properties across 19 states, Penn National continues to evolve into a highly innovative omnichannel provider of retail and online gaming, live racing, and sports betting entertainment.
The Company's properties feature approximately 50,000 gaming machines, 1,300 table games, and 8,800 hotel rooms, and operate under various well-known brands, including Hollywood, Ameristar, and L'Auberge. Our wholly-owned interactive division, Penn Interactive, operates retail sports betting across the Company's portfolio, as well as an online social casino, bingo, and iCasino products. In February 2020, Penn National entered into a strategic partnership with Barstool Sports, whereby Barstool is exclusively promoting the Company's land-based and online casinos and sports betting products, including the Barstool Sportsbook mobile app, to its national audience.
The Company's omnichannel approach is bolstered by the mychoice loyalty program, which rewards and recognizes its over 20 million members for their loyalty to both retail and online gaming and sports betting products with the most dynamic set of offers, experiences, and service levels in the industry.