About the Role
What will you do?
· Negotiate and draft various player and staff agreements, marketing, public relations and promotions-related agreements, including advertising, marketing and production agency engagements, cross-promotions, ticket agency agreements, merchandise manufacturing/distribution, photographer/videographer engagements and photo shoot/video productions, talent agreements, including Knicks/Rangers-related appearances/performances, software licenses, content and intellectual property licenses, real estate property leases, equipment agreements and other commercial contracts.
· Provide advice with respect to NBA and NHL league rules, collective bargaining agreements and strategic analysis and on all league business rules and initiatives.
· Coordinate with various personnel throughout MSG Sports to help facilitate business initiatives, as well as liaising with other Departments (e.g., Risk Management regarding insurance/COI requirements, Finance, Facilities regarding union issues) to ensure compliance with company policies.
· Negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial agreements, including acquisitions and investments relating to corporate service providers, aviation, and other matters.
· Work on sweepstakes, contests and giveaways, including rules and registrations.
· Provide legal advice on a variety of matters, including contracts, strategy, advertising, entertainment, consumer and privacy related matters.
· Supervise outside counsel and review and revise work product.
· Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
· Advise about rights and obligations under existing agreements, including analyzing legal options researching issues of law in order to identify the best strategic option for the business unit
About the Company
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSG Sports) is a leading professional sports company, with a collection of assets that includes: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, an NBA 2K League franchise. MSG Sports also operates two professional sports team performance centers – the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, NY and the CLG Performance Center in Los Angeles, CA. More information is available at www.msgsports.com.