About the Role
· Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements including technology and other commercial agreements, service agreements and waivers, event contracts, non-disclosure agreements, marketing and sponsorship agreements, suite licenses, and real estate agreements.
· Advise and assist on advertising and marketing initiatives, including sweepstakes, contests and promotions, and privacy matters, including drafting rules, releases, and reviewing promotional and creative materials.
· Advise with employee relations and labor relations concerns in partnership with internal and external counsel.
· Assist with corporate governance and corporate finance matters, as requested.
· Assist on policy drafting, updates and compliance, including researching legal issues for the development and improvement of policies and procedures.
· Support legal team with the management of various litigation matters, including by assisting with legal research and document production.
· Ensure compliance with record retention, privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
· Support business partners with respect to legal issues surrounding operations.
· Help facilitate the day-to-day operations of the in-house Legal Department.
· All other duties, as assigned.
About the Company
The Deputy General Counsel is a critical player in the Kansas City Royals Legal Department and will provide legal support to business units across the Kansas City Royals organization and its affiliated entities. The position will provide support on legal matters, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements. This position will require excellent business judgment, adept problem-solving and strategic thinking, with an ability to work independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced environment.