About the Role
The Summer Internship will provide law students with the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks including client communication, investigation, legal writing, and legal research. This internship provides law students with the opportunity to develop their skills in general contract law, trademark law, and compliance.
Excellent grammar and written communication skills. Excellent telephone and oral communication skills. Intermediate computer skills. Possess strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability. Possesses emotional maturity. Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently. Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion. Strong time management: Ability to maintain a punctual schedule.
· Draft, review, and revise a wide range of legal documents
· Produced various publications and handouts for league and team use
· Analyze law sources, including statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, and IL Constitution.
· Organize legal memoranda and correspondence.
· Proof documents and submit to attorneys for review
· Work with internal business units – communications, marketing, analytics etc. – to assist with Legal issues
· Assist with compliance plans on an as-needed basis
· Research documents and publications for details that would establish evidence
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
About the Company
The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) is a Division-I professional women's soccer league featuring the most prolific domestic and international players from around the globe. The twelve-team league consists of the Angel City Football Club (L.A.), Chicago Red Stars, Houston Dash, Kansas City Current, North Carolina Courage, Orlando Pride, Portland Thorns FC, OL Reign, Racing Louisville, San Diego Wave, NJ/NY Gotham FC, and the Washington Spirit.
The NWSL office is growing to meet the demands of the changing global landscape of professional women’s soccer. We are looking for individuals who desire to make an impact on the future of sport in the United States.