About the Role
Fanatics is seeking an attorney to assume the role of Senior IP Counsel. Housed in Fanatics’ Collectibles division, the Senior IP Counsel will serve as a strategic partner who must be able to succeed in handling a multitude of legal matters, including, but not limited to, setting strategy for, and managing, intellectual property portfolios, clearance and prosecution, anti-counterfeiting and IP enforcement, IP-related disputes (including risk assessment and litigation), domain name matters, license agreements and other contracts, and general IP guidance and strategic advice. As noted below, to be successful in this role you must be an experienced IP attorney who is a self-starter, not afraid to ask questions, enthusiastic about the intersection of IP and business, and able to multi-task/handle various projects at once while effectively prioritizing.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Senior IP Counsel will provide legal counsel on IP-related matters related to day-to-day business and operations of the overall Fanatics Collectibles business, including advising business leadership on IP matters. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Serving as a trusted colleague and creative problem-solver when it comes to various IP-related matters working alongside members of the Global IP Legal Team.
• Collaborating with the Global IP Legal Team to provide legal advice to the executives and senior business leaders across the business, including engagement in proactive issue-spotting, risk assessment and problem-solving.
• Involvement with management and strategic guidance related to the business’ global IP portfolio, including communications with the applicable business clients to arrive at sound portfolio strategy.
• Facilitating clearance searches and providing appropriate legal guidance to applicable business clients.
• Effectively collaborating and communicating both internally and externally regarding anti-counterfeiting and other IP enforcement matters. Reviewing and evaluating potential enforcement matters and providing sound guidance on merits and strategy.
• Involvement with management of various third-party IP-related disputes, including risk assessment and litigation.
• Providing support on IP-related matters pertaining to M&A activity.
• Providing strategic guidance on domain name portfolio and domain name disputes.
• Providing IP-related guidance on license agreements and other contracts.
• Interpreting and advising with respect to rights and obligations under Fanatics Collectibles’ agreements.
• Overseeing outside counsel on pertinent IP matters, as needed.
About the Company
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.