Dec 23, 2022
North Carolina quarterback Drake Maye says he wasn’t offered a $5 million name, image and likeness deal to transfer away from the Tar Heels.
Maye shut down those rumors, one of which was pushed by Pittsburgh head coach Pat Narduzzi, on Thursday. He said he’s staying with North Carolina.
Maye was the target of several transfer rumors after his breakout season this fall. He threw for 4,115 yards and 35 touchdowns with just seven interceptions as a redshirt freshman. Maye helped lead the Tar Heels to the ACC championship game and has likely made himself a top quarterback prospect in the 2024 NFL draft.
One such rumor claimed that Maye was offered a significant amount of money from other schools in NIL deals, though nothing specific was revealed. Narduzzi claimed earlier this week that Maye was offered $5 million by two schools to transfer, but he wouldn’t say which schools.
That, according to Maye, wasn’t the case.
Source: Yahoo Sports